Our Story!

Lyle and I first met on March 23, 2012.  It was the wedding day of our good friends Kaytie and Gavin Murray.  Gavin and Lyle had grown up being neighbors and best friends.  So with that being said, Lyle was Gavin's Best Man.  Kaytie and I became friends through our dance class in 2003.  We were best friends from then one, and I was her Maid of Honor.  
During their sealing, I had walked over to the Salt Lake Temple to await them coming out of the doors as a married couple.  Kaytie and her mom wanted me to hand out bubbles to blow at them as they came out of the doors.  I was walking around the Temple ground finding everyone that was involved in the wedding party. This is when I and Lyle had first met!  We introduced ourselves as "Kaytie's maid of honor" or, "Gavin's best man". 
From then on, I could not keep my eye off of Lyle and wanted to get his attention any way I could.  Lyle's eyes were following me and I could tell he didn't want me to notice. The time came to when Kaytie and Gavin shared their first dance as a married couple.  They invited others to share that moment with them.  It took a while, but towards the end of the song (which was Marry Me, by Train) Lyle came up to me and asked me to dance.  Through out the rest of the night, we continued to share "the look".  By the end of the reception, Lyle's phone was dead, so Gavin's brother got my number and ended up giving it to him.  Lyle had texted me the next day and everyday after that! 
This is the story of how we first met.  Some people would say that it is like a fairytale.  To me, it truly is, it was the day I met my Prince Charming :)
Kaila

Comments

Popular Posts