A First For Everything

Every time I think of this specific time with Lyle, it brings butterflies to my tummy.  It was the first time for many things.  Lyle had invited me in to go to Zions with some of his friends in June 2012.  This would have been my first time there!  As awkward as I thought it would be for me to, as I didn't know his friends very well, I could not pass up this trip.  Thank goodness we had convinced Kaytie and Gavin to come along as well!  I'll keep this post short, simple, and sweet.  We were sitting around the campfire and we were looking up at the stars, at that time, I saw my very first shooting star!(it only took 20 years, lol) Lyle towed his red trailer there that had his mattress in it, so we set up an air mattress in it as well.  That is where Lyle, Gavin, Kaytie and I slept.  Well, Gavin was snoring so loud and talking like crazy in his sleep, and it was hot!  To say the least, I could not fall asleep.  I got up and walked to the door to the trailer and sat on the edge looking at the stars again.  Lyle came and sat by me :).  First he put his arm around me, then, he held my hand for the very first time!  Yes, we had been dating since March, and he waited until June, to hold my hand.  The next day we hiked Angels Landing, he was holding my hand often on the hike.  I loved it!! The hike was exhausting, but in the end, very beautiful and I am so happy I was able to do it with him by my side!  

The next day, we went and hiked the Narrows.  If you haven't been to Zions before, the Narrows is a hike where majority of the time, you are hiking through water.  There are big and small rocks on the bottom and because of the water, you cannot see them.  So to say the least,  I was twisting my ankles... a lot.  
So Lyle and I had decided to hike back to the beginning where Kaytie and Gavin had stayed (Kaytie was pregnant at this time) and hang out with them.  Kaytie and I sat on rocks and in the sand talking while the boys, well, were being their complete selves acting like crazies playing in the water.  After a while, we decided to go back to camp and go to dinner.  Kaytie and Gavin had grabbed their cooler and started walking, I was standing on a rock waiting for Lyle as he put his shoes on.  He came up to me afterwards and was hugging me.  I happened to kiss his cheek, then he kissed mine, and then....we had our first KISS! Ahh What an amazing moment on June 15th that was! Needless to say, our trip to Zions was absolutely one of the best experiences ever! Throughout the entire trip, Lyle was such a gentleman!  He was very considerate and always thinking of me and if I was okay, or what I needed :).  After that, Lyle and I was inseparable and was with each other as often as possible! I knew, after this experience with him that I was going to marry him one day!

               Kaila

Comments

Popular Posts