The Birth Story of Lola Jade Berglund


Finding out that we were expecting was the best day of my life!! Tied with marrying my prince charming of course.  I'm sad to say that I do not remember the exact day :( I had a dream I was pregnant, woke up, took a test, and wallah!  I sure was! I absolutely loved being pregnant!  I know some ladies hate it.  Well not this one!  I loved feeling her move and knowing that she was safe :) I loved having her with me at all times, without having to bring everything else necessary. But I am more glad that I have my healthy beautiful baby girls that I hold in my arms every night as she falls asleep.  My little girl, who is obsessed with her mommy, gives her kisses, and smiles huge by even hearing her voice! Even though I'm glad she is here, it was not an easy time.
I was due on April 13, 2014.  On Thursday, April 10th, I went to the doctor and had not dilated at all!  She decided to strip my membranes to get things moving.  Well that did not work. The morning of the 13th, I drank Caster Oil and Orange Juice.  Let me tell you what, that was disgusting! That is the last thing I tried and the last thing I recommend anyone to try!  It definitely got me contracting though!  So that night we went to the hospital and were there for hours.  They had Lyle and I walk around labor and delivery, me in my gown of course (talk about awkward) for a good hour!  They checked again, I was still only dilated to a 1! They scheduled me to be induced the following Sunday and sent us home.  All week I had contractions, but nothing to strong that I couldn't handle.  So Sunday the 20th of April (Easter Sunday in 2014) we went to the hospital at 7:00 Am.  
At 7:30 Am, they gave me what is called Cyeotec. We waited three hours, checked again, and still nothing more! But they had to still give me another one. It was about 1:30, and I still had not progressed at all. Next, they did what is called a Foley Bulb.  If you do not know what it is, you can look that one up :)  I was then dilated to a 4! Wahoo!! Just kidding.... I got some pitocin, and my contractions were then killing!  So I gave in finally and got an Epidural.  My gosh, all I can say is if you are in pain, don't waste  time and get an Epidural! After some time, the doctor broke my water to try and get things going.  That was the craziest thing ever!  I was laughing so hard.  The rest of the night I was woken up every hour to change positions to try and get my labor moving.  Come 5:00 Am on the 21st, they decided we will have to do a C-section. 
 Lola Jade Berglund was born at 7:55 Am.  She was 8 pounds 11 ounces.
Here are some pictures of that wonderful day!!



                                                             Kaila        

Comments

Popular Posts