Ivory's birth story

Its so popular now to have a photographer and videographer in the room when giving birth. And honestly, the videos I have seen are the most beautiful videos ever!  Unfortunately, both of my children were born via c-section. I don't think that would be a lovely sight for most.  My husband Lyle watched a lot of it when we had our first daughter Lola and I am not sure it was that pleasant for him.  I was first determined that I wanted to do a V back with Ivory.  My thought was, if I were going to bring another child into the world, I wanted to try it vaginally.  I talked to my doctor, got a lot of articles and helpful information to read and I was set.  However, there were reasons why it was not the safest.  While talking to my husband about it and remembering what I first went through with Lola, we decided another c-section would be the best.  After all, Ivory was already measuring to have a big head.

November 1st we went into the hospital at 9:00 am.  It was the longest morning ever.  And of course I couldn't eat anything.... Everything went so dang smooth!  We got checked in, changed and prepped for the c-section.  I got the epidural and I was good!  Not to mention, my husband looked dang good in his attire!

They began the c-section and it was so smooth this time!  It didn't hurt one bit and I don't even remember feeling any uncomfortable pressure.  At 12:04 pm when the doctor was bringing her out she mentioned that she was a big baby.  We took a wage on how much she weighed and one of the nurses nailed it!  9 lb 4 oz! Woowee! She was 20.5 in long.  So glad I went with the c-section.

This time around, I talked to my doctor about doing skin to skin. And let me tell you, complete game changer.  If you ever have a c-section, still do skin to skin!  When they prep you for the c-section, they give you something that resembles a tub top.  They stick the baby down in that so baby is secured on your chest since your hands are strapped down.  When she got placed on my chest I just died over her RED HAIR!  She is the only grandchild in both family's to have red hair.                                                                                                                               I die.  I love it so much!

 We got taken to our recovery room.  Lola came shortly after and it seriously was so magical.  I would relive that moment over and over again if I could.  Some of the rest of the family came and met her as well.  Shortly after getting settled into our recovery room I started hemorrhaging.  It. Was. Miserable.  They wouldn't allow anyone but my husband in the room so as a nurse was pushing on my stomach (that was just cut open) I was just in tears looking up at him. This had to have been the absolute worst part of both of my deliveries.  I was loosing to much blood that is was on the lines of being really serious.  They ended up doing a few things to help and finally we got the bleeding to stop.

Ivory latched and was nursing like a champ!  It was amazing.  I swear the skin to skin really had an effect on it.  We stayed a couple more days in the hospital before bringing our new little addition home.   Our second birthing experience was all sorts of magical, scary, incredible, painful and wonderful.  It was all worth it to have Ivory born into our family.

xoxo, Kaila



Comments

Popular Posts