How to get your kids to help around the house
Well my friends, my Lola girl is at that age to start having chores and helping around the house. Here's the thing though. We struggle with her doing anything to help! If we put our foot down and tell her she has to, she just gets upset, raises her voice at us and storms to her bedroom. This was all until I tried a new method! Want in on my little secret weapon?
Her very own checklist! There is something about having a strict list for her and having the option for her to check things off that she just loves! I have her complete her own checklist every morning before watching any movies. Since I've had Ivory, that's all she wants to do in the morning. Eat breakfast and watch a movie. Now, some days we don't watch any T.V! Once her own checklist is done, I created a checklist for everyday tasks. This is for both her and I. I needed a schedule to stick to for cleaning different rooms on specific days of the week. I don't know about you but I tend to jump from one thing to another when I clean and this has helped me a ton! On the daily checklist, I have added a few tasks for her that I know she has the ability to do. Honestly, after she's done the tasks I have listed for her, most times she asks what else she can do!
Here is what we clean on the different days of the week:
Mondays: Bedrooms -we pick up, dust, and vacuum-
Tuesdays: Bathrooms -we clean up clutter, sweet & mop, deep clean showers & tub, wipe down and sanitize-
Wednesdays: Kitchen & sitting area -Pick up clutter, clean windows, counters, sink & tables, sweep & mop, clean cabinets-
Thursdays: Living Room -pick up clutter, dust mantle, tables, & electronics, wipe down patio doors, vacuum-
Now, don't get me wrong, we still have a few disagreements and she still storms to her room (especially on the weekend). But these checklist have helped more then I can even explain! Monday-Friday she is genuinely excited to do her checklists and help Momma out!
xoxo, Kaila
Her very own checklist! There is something about having a strict list for her and having the option for her to check things off that she just loves! I have her complete her own checklist every morning before watching any movies. Since I've had Ivory, that's all she wants to do in the morning. Eat breakfast and watch a movie. Now, some days we don't watch any T.V! Once her own checklist is done, I created a checklist for everyday tasks. This is for both her and I. I needed a schedule to stick to for cleaning different rooms on specific days of the week. I don't know about you but I tend to jump from one thing to another when I clean and this has helped me a ton! On the daily checklist, I have added a few tasks for her that I know she has the ability to do. Honestly, after she's done the tasks I have listed for her, most times she asks what else she can do!
Mondays: Bedrooms -we pick up, dust, and vacuum-
Tuesdays: Bathrooms -we clean up clutter, sweet & mop, deep clean showers & tub, wipe down and sanitize-
Wednesdays: Kitchen & sitting area -Pick up clutter, clean windows, counters, sink & tables, sweep & mop, clean cabinets-
Thursdays: Living Room -pick up clutter, dust mantle, tables, & electronics, wipe down patio doors, vacuum-
Now, don't get me wrong, we still have a few disagreements and she still storms to her room (especially on the weekend). But these checklist have helped more then I can even explain! Monday-Friday she is genuinely excited to do her checklists and help Momma out!
xoxo, Kaila


Comments
Post a Comment