I am going to be 100% honest right now,  I refuse to watch the news.  I just feel like there is so much darkness and negativity in the world and I really don't know how to deal with it.  I just can't. deal.
Even scrolling through Facebook sometimes I feel like I just see all these videos of terrible, terrible things.  Yes, it is important to be in the known and what is going on around the world.  But it is so so hard for me to sit down and just see all the things..
A part of my why I do what I do is my girls.  I want to be an example to them.  I want to show them by example.  When I hear dark things going on in the world, it puts me on a kick where I just get frustrated that there are people like that out there.  So, to be a better example to my girls, that is another reason I don't like watching the news.  
 Where did kindness go?  What happen to looking out for others?
There was a time I was at the park with my girls this past Spring.  It was near an Elementary school and there kids walking through the park to go home.  I saw bullying happen right before my eyes.  And you know what.  I started walking towards the kids to put a stop to it.  They saw me and they took off on their bikes.  I know. without a doubt there are others out there like me.  That will help others when they see they are in need of it.  Stop being afraid! Put yourself out there and let your voice be heard.  Be the person that helps that little kid get up off his knees and know that people care about him.  That he is important. 
Let's pay attention to our own kids more.  Let's show them love and kindness so they know not to bully.  So they know if they see anyone getting bullied to seek help for them. I am teaching my girls to be their friend when they NEED someone. 
 
The small acts of Kindness really stand out.  Smile at people as you walk by them.  Don't avoid everyone and never make eye contact, cause really, a smile from a stranger is sometimes all someone needs.  Hold the door open for people, a simple text to an old friend to let them know you were thinking of them. 
It's hard to always be thinking of these things.  And I admit that I am not the best at it at times.  Especially when I am driving.  I mean can anyone say road. rage. lol. But it really is something I am working on being better at.  
I challenge you to do at least 5 acts of kindness today.  I think you'll find that doing those will not only make that person happy, but you will be happier as well.

How do you show kindness to others?

xoxo, Kaila

Comments

Popular Posts