I love. love. love Thanksgiving! As my family continues to grow, it's harder to get us all together and be able to spend quality time together. Thanksgiving has always been that time for us. Somehow my mom always figures out a way for us to gather around a table..or 2. Okay, okay possible 3. But this is the only meal my family sits around the table and I just love it. My mom really goes out of her way. She always brings out her beautiful China that she got from her mom. The table is always so beautiful and jam packed of delicious food!
Every year I look forward to my mom's homemade stuffing. I can say that all my family looks forward to it. Its something I am unable to recreate. I guess its just a mother's specialty!
My Grandma and Grandpa were always at our house on Thanksgiving. It was something I looked forward to every year. My Grandma, she wasn't just your ordinary Grandma. She was the light in my families life. We all loved her to pieces. She played a very special and very big portion of my life. When I was younger, I had a list of names I liked for my feature kids. Boys and Girls. I had a very special name picked out for if I ever had a daughter. After I married Lyle, and the moment we found out we were pregnant, I told him about the names I loved. The moment we found out we were having a girl, we knew exactly what we would name her. As for some, this is the hardest thing to decide. But for us, no questions were asked, well except for what her middle name would be. So what is the reason I bring up my Grandparents you ask? There was one Thanksgiving that will always be very near and dear to my heart.
We were sitting around the table on Thanksgiving in 2011, when Lyle and I made a very important announcement. We had previously found out that our little girl whom I was carrying at the time had something wrong with her left kidney. Hearing something is wrong with your baby is never easy. They didn't know what was wrong, or if it was even functioning. But the assured us it is something they would look into when she was born. Along with that announcement, that day we announced the name we would give to our little girl. Lola Jade Berglund. I just remember those being some of the hardest words to say as I had tears of pure joy running down my cheek that I was blessed with a completely amazing women as my grandma and that I was able to name my daughter after her. All the girls in my family had joined me in my tear fest and it was just a super special moment for me.
I'd love to hear your special thanksgiving stories. What are you thankful for? Do you have an experience that stands out to you?
xoxo, Kaila
Every year I look forward to my mom's homemade stuffing. I can say that all my family looks forward to it. Its something I am unable to recreate. I guess its just a mother's specialty!
We were sitting around the table on Thanksgiving in 2011, when Lyle and I made a very important announcement. We had previously found out that our little girl whom I was carrying at the time had something wrong with her left kidney. Hearing something is wrong with your baby is never easy. They didn't know what was wrong, or if it was even functioning. But the assured us it is something they would look into when she was born. Along with that announcement, that day we announced the name we would give to our little girl. Lola Jade Berglund. I just remember those being some of the hardest words to say as I had tears of pure joy running down my cheek that I was blessed with a completely amazing women as my grandma and that I was able to name my daughter after her. All the girls in my family had joined me in my tear fest and it was just a super special moment for me.
I'd love to hear your special thanksgiving stories. What are you thankful for? Do you have an experience that stands out to you?
xoxo, Kaila


Comments
Post a Comment