DIY Farmhouse shelves
First, we started off with ____ pieces of wood. We sanded them down and made them smooth to the touch!
Next, we drilled holes in all four corners of the wood.
We did it even distance on each hole. They are half an inch from each side of the wood.
My husband had this Nylon rope from who knows what just laying around. We decided to use it, but really any rope will work.
I cut two pieces of rope the same length and tied a not in the same spot on one side of each rope. that was a little difficult to do, but I just kept them side by side to compare where they needed to be.
The next thing I did was stain the pieces of wood. This stain is seriously my favorite! We have used it in many renovations in our house. As I said, we love the dark, richer wood look. We found this at Lowes and I am sure it is at Home Depot as well or at least a similar color.
We looped the rope through the two holes on either side of our wood. The tied a knot on the other end under the piece of wood. Again, I just eyeballed this to get as accurate as possible. We had these huge nails in our unfinished basement just hammered into our framing. I loved them! We hung them up evenly above our side windows. We put the nails through the rope so it would better hold its place and not move around. I love how it turned out!
Here is a closer look at them individually. Don't mind my minimal decorating at the time the pictures were taken lol.
Do you like to build things yourself? Or do you love going on your shopping sprees to find the perfect item? Not going to lie, I'll take that route at time as well. It's just easier sometimes.
xoxo, Kaila


Comments
Post a Comment