Living room reno!

The first room we have completed  a mini renovation on! When we first moved into our home, there was pink carpet EVERYWHERE!  We still have yet to get ride of it completely, but its definitely 100 times better than it was.  Our house also had a lot of oak colored wood, which is just not our cup of tea!  So we quickly changed quite a bit of that!  

One of the things that sold us on our house was having a gas fireplace!  I always wanted to have a mantle to decorate for Holidays and different seasons!  But wow... did it need work.


We first took the mantle off the wall and outside.  I primed it really well and then painted it white.  I think I ended up doing a couple coats of each just to cover it really well and have it look all even!


We really should have done the next step while it was off the wall but we couldn't wait to see what the white looked like and we still hadn't chosen our wall color!



Tada!!  We chose this really pretty blue!  It has a little bit of a gray tone to it and I love it so much! However, I did not like the setup we had going on.  Clearly, we needed our T.v components by the T.v and that didn't leave me much room to decorate.  So we kept thinking together on what options we could do.    We needed so badly to replace the carpet as well.  So we did that and changed the layout of this room.


Complete!  I designed the T.v console and my husband made all my visions come true!  He built that as well as the blanket ladder!  We love our new couch!  We found it on ksl, a local, garage sell type of site and got a killer deal on it.    The coffee table was in my grandma's house and we just refinished that as well!  I love have a mantle to decorate and cuddling up by the warm fire on these cold days! I think it's time for a bigger T.v though!  I found the baskets that are under our T.v components at, At Home.  I found those before he built the console so we would know the size we needed to make the spaces!  Such a good way to hide toys and diapers!  


     xoxo, Kaila

Comments

Popular Posts